Advanced Search

Author Topic: [OUTDATED THREAD] Class based modification (v9fh)  (Read 1478549 times)

May 18, 2015, 04:02:04 AM
Reply #6945

Offline That One Boss

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 25, 2011, 04:59:53 PM

• View Profile
Re: Class based modification (v7cbefix)
« Reply #6945 on: May 18, 2015, 04:02:04 AM »
MagicmanMagicmanMagicman

What kind of monstrosity are you people creating...

May 19, 2015, 10:33:46 AM
Reply #6946

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:46 AM »
Im pretty curious how Waveman will turn hehe. It seemed more interesting in the version of Korby (made by Jaxof, right?) Maybe you could keep the copyweap and add it like an alt.
The waterwave (of megaman) could be a short range (canceled after some seconds) and the 2nd alt could be the new thing of Jaxof (for tactic but must not be too powerful because It has a long range).
Just my idea.
Anyways, like this, it looks cool.

June 22, 2015, 10:04:15 PM
Reply #6947

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #6947 on: June 22, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »

July 03, 2015, 01:12:00 AM
Reply #6948

Offline Carprillo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: July 03, 2015, 01:12:00 AM »
Oh hell no.

July 03, 2015, 03:43:12 AM
Reply #6949

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #6949 on: July 03, 2015, 03:43:12 AM »
OH YEH

Quick recap on development to give some actual purpose to this post: release is coming so close, you can smell it. Sometime between next midweek and the end of this month unless something big comes up.

July 04, 2015, 03:01:05 PM
Reply #6950

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: July 04, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
I hope you have customized more than basic custom copyweap, the idea is interesting but it needs more possibility of attacks (like metalman metalblades or Gravityman gravity hold, interesting tactic.)
I will play it for sure, there is a lot of possibilities in that case (without making too much crazy weap...) :)
Stoneman YD could be awesome if you add the wall, it could help him, just an idea...anyway good luck. :)

July 09, 2015, 12:06:00 AM
Reply #6951

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
Re: Class based modification (v8a)
« Reply #6951 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
[01:06:34] Celebi: Post the links Mush provided
[01:06:43] Celebi: And post the pastebin link I provided

http://www.best-ever.org/download?file= ... untsv3.pk3
http://www.best-ever.org/download?file=classes-v8a.pk3

http://pastebin.com/T15H7nWC

July 09, 2015, 03:42:23 AM
Reply #6952

Offline Isaac940

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 07:13:26 PM

• View Profile
Still have no idea about Pirate's treasure meter
« Reply #6952 on: July 09, 2015, 03:42:23 AM »
The patch notes just have who did what for the new classes. Is it possible to get a quick explanation of the new guys?

July 09, 2015, 03:47:07 AM
Reply #6953

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: July 09, 2015, 03:47:07 AM »
I'll be frank, CBM has been my less preferred of the two big classes mods ever since the other one came into existence.

That said, this has really improved. It's pretty evident you guys gave your all with this. I'm thoroughly impressed. I still have some major gripes, but they lie with design choices that I personally don't like, but who cares what I think?
All in all, fantastic stuff. Great job, guys. I'll see about introducing it into my small group I play MM8BDM with.

July 09, 2015, 08:06:51 AM
Reply #6954

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #6954 on: July 09, 2015, 08:06:51 AM »
Quote from: "Isaac940"
Is it possible to get a quick explanation of the new guys?

Sure.

Cold Man has two attacks. His mainfire will summon an Ice Wall in front of you, and you can have up to 4(?) Ice Walls out. You can then push them with your shoulder bash altfire attack: you can aim these Ice Walls up and down, as well as push them while riding one, or deal little damage with this shoulder bash. His itemfire is the Cold Field: it takes a while to charge, but when it does, press itemfire to summon a pinpoint projectile that freezes people on the spot for easier Ice Walling.

Burner Man has his trademark Wave Burner on mainfire, and a set of bear traps as his items: when using itemfire, you will fire a spread of three bear traps that will hide from sight and, if an enemy steps on them, pop out and stun them for you to deliver the fiery goodness on them. His altfire works in two ways: while grounded, you will dash continously as you deplete ammo, and while in the air you will ascend for as long as you hold the altfire button, and then dive downwards rapidly as walls of fire come out of where you land. You can steer this Burner Dive left or right, but you cannot aim it up or down: the diving is fixed, but you will cover more distance the more you hold the altfire button.

Pirate Man has three Remote Mines on his mainfire: hold the button to keep them going and aim to control their trajectory, let go to stick them anywhere you want; after three mines are fired, the next time you press the button, all mines will detonate. His itemfire puts up his Bubble Barrier, which changes his altfire: while the barrier is up, it will absorb all damage and your altfire will turn into an aimable dash that destroys the barrier if you collide with a wall; while the barrier is down, your altfire is a water spray that pushes people away from you (and hopefully into mines).

Ground Man has his trademark Spread Drill on mainfire, while the splitting mechanic has been phased into the altfire button: this means you can have multiple drills out instead of the copywep's single one. His itemfire transforms him into a drilling tank that deals hugging damage: if you aim down while in tank mode, you will dig down. Once digging, press itemfire again to switch from the floor to the ceiling, and there you can perform digging attacks. Pressing and holding mainfire while digging in the ceiling will summon your gigantic drill bit that will stay in place for as long as you hold the mainfire button. Pressing the altfire button while digging in the ceiling will let you fire smaller drills that you can split like a normal Spread Drill once you stop digging. You can cancel digging by pressing itemfire while in the ceiling, or mainfire/altfire while in the floor.

Magic Man has two weapons: one is for his set of Magic Cards, and the other is for his Magic Ball trick. Each weapon has a mainfire and an altfire attack that look similar, but are not: one is real (mainfire), and the other is fake (altfire). Mainfire cards will consume ammo, and will steal the enemy's life if they hit; the altfire cards are fake cards that don't deal any damage at all. The mainfire Magic Ball will teleport you to where you aim your ball at, while also leaving birds behind that home into enemies; the altfire Magic Ball will not teleport you to where you aim your ball at, but it also fires homing birds.

Dynamo Man has two ways of dealing damage: his altfire is his trademark Dynamo...Tendril...thing. It is essentially a projectile that deals damage on the sides of it, rather than it all, so you want to hit with the side bits of it rather than the center for optimal damage. His mainfire is the Lightning Bolt, which is a really long chargable attack: the more to hold it, the more bolts you will shoot when letting go. This Lightning Bolt also has what we call a "Dynamo Tagger", which are the two circling electric "ropes" that go around Dynamo Man as he holds mainfire: if an enemy is hit by these, he will be "tagged" with little sparkles, which means that a Lightning Bolt will be assured to strike them when you let go of the mainfire button; usually hiding out of Dynamo Man's sight will be enough to avoid getting hit by it. As an addendum, you can also fire small homing orbs if you press altfire while charging mainfire: the more charge you have, the more orbs you will fire. If that wasn't enough, Dynamo Man also has his healing ability from MM&B: press itemfire with less than 100 HP to heal yourself and everyone around you. You will need ammo for this ability, which you can get from the new screw drops. Dynamo Man drops a copywep verson of his altfire projectile instead of Lightning Bolt.

Buster Rod G. has his trusty Power Rod on mainfire, which can go through walls because he's a magic monkey. His altfire works similar to Yamato Man's spin, except it also blocks projectiles in front of you. His biggest trick are his Illusions: press itemfire to summon three illusions that will mimic your movement and attacks with a slight delay: use them to trick enemies and deliver three times the power.

Mega Water S. can fire three harpoons in succession with his mainfire, and summon a Water Barrier with his itemfire: this barrier works exactly like Pirate Man's Bubble Barrier. While his barrier is up, his altfire changes into the Water Stream, yet another pushy shower of water; while his barrier is down, his altfire will summon a Water Pillar that pushes you and enemies upwards. When the Water Barrier is up, a pressure bar will fill over time that will determine the strength of the push that will occur when you pop it.

Hyper Storm H. has two weapons: a cold and a heat breath. The Heat Breath mainfire will suck enemies into you, and slowly damage them, while the Cold Breath mainfire will push enemies away from you as you fire a single bullet at them. The more you perform these attacks, the more heat/cold you build up, and these will affect the other: for example, using the Cold Breath while having heat storaged will increase the strength of the push and change your bullet into a fireball; inversely, using the Heat Breath while having cold storaged will chill your breath and slow sucked enemies down. Each weapon has an altfire ability that can only be used with heat/cold: The Heat Breath altfire will make you fly upwards as you hold it and the jump button, while dealing damage to enemies near you; the Cold Breath altfire will let you perform a mad dash attack with delayed turning that hurts trampled players and gets stronger over time.

Rock has a multitude of balls to kick, and can both place multiple balls in front of him with mainfire (space them a little bit), or do a quick place and kick with his Mega Kick altfire. Each type of ball is a different weapon with special properties, so switch weapons to change balls. The purple ball bounces a lot more than the others, the ice ball will slow enemies down, the electric ball will rip through enemies, the fire ball is the fastest ball of them all, and the green ball will explode on contact with enemies and walls. If you placed a soccer ball with mainfire, you can either kick them by just walking towards it like Mega Ball, or kick them with your Mega Kick altfire, with will also deal some small melee damage to enemies.

July 09, 2015, 08:33:01 AM
Reply #6955

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: July 09, 2015, 08:33:01 AM »
Some ideas are nice (like Bombman bomb' timer gauge or MWS water tower) but some others ideas are kind of weird (like tomahawkman double axe, up and down ? o_O dat spread too....i dont understand the logic of this shadowman spread too....3 shadowblades? Or Stoneman who create a stand hand when he does the stomp jump, why didnt you make it separately?...)
So much left hands are disturbing but at least it's canon yeah.....
I think, i will like this fireman too, it seems to be like the old firestorm of v1 or v2 mm8bdm haha.
Now, you could maybe add a better item for Duo, like a different bounce ball (charged?) or an item Slashman can throw on the ceiling to make appear some goo (who fall) could be fun', just some idea.
The balance (like airman primary nerfed apparently) and some ideas make it better than v7c, good job.
Some classes seemed very weird for me, i think, i need to try some classes more.....

EDIT: Dat rework on Gyroman (for the flying mode), awesome, he can fly and shoot but it's not op, 6 or 7 hit to kill but he can fly when he throw the gyro attack! the flying mode is no more "too long", very nice (:

July 10, 2015, 02:51:52 AM
Reply #6956

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
buff mws pls ; ;
« Reply #6956 on: July 10, 2015, 02:51:52 AM »
Regarding mod as a whole:

This update has brought more to the table than any other CBM update has in the past, and yall nigguhs on the team better be fucking proud of yourselves. No matter how much I bitch and moan about how much I hate every class but Skullman (f to pay respects ;_;7), I can safely say I enjoy this mod more than I enjoy the vanilla game.

Regarding BAEnerman Burnerman:

So this guy's a fuckin blast to play and has a lot of unique strategies, but there's a little bit that can be done to make his life a little less clunky.

Mainfire: Seems a little weak? 4 damage as opposed to vanilla's 6(?). Understandable though considering he has three methods of gapclosing. Don't touch this yet.

Bear traps: Allies shouldn't be able to trip them honestly. Other than that, no issues. No "primed" visual is necessary due to how short term they are. Hud animation for throw looks a little awk but that's not a real problem.

Altfire ammo: As Burner, knowing how much alt ammo you have is pretty damn important. It lets you know whether you should keep chasing, if you should run, what escape routes you have (especially with Forest Dive), etc. The fact that you never REALLY know if you have enough ammo to dash or Forest Dive is a little frustrating and has caused me to get shit on by death pits multiple times. While it isn't hard to just gauge your ammo in relation to how much you need before you can start dashing/Diving, clarity is always nice.

Forest Dive ammo usage also seems to be a bit wonky online. I'll charge it up for like half a second and release and it'll use ~1/3 of my bar as usual, then almost immediately it'll subtract another ~1/3 and give it back upon landing. Doesn't seem to happen offline.

Ground alt: To me, it doesn't feel rewarding enough. The fact that I NEED my bear traps/Dive to do enough damage to kill makes this ability seem like a waste. I'll use it in situations where I need to chase, but that's about it. Its usefulness also seems to dwindle while jumping. Maybe screw around with some vanilla Oil Slider physics?

Air alt: 35-55 damage (65 once in a while) and mobility, pretty fuckin cool. Too bad it's unreliable as fuck. Limited to a single angle, no reward for charging it up, and bad steering. You don't stop upon hitting an enemy (this is a huge issue when you learn you can land on their head, run right over them and land in an area where the explosion wont hit them), the explosion seems to rarely hit and is almost unnoticeable due to how unpronounced it is, and the waves that come off of it do pitiful damage on their own. Using this attack is necessary to your success, but will very often fuck you over more than it helps.

Edit: There also seems to be a little inconsistency with the player's landing position, and what they actually see happening. Very often when online, I'll be diving, be a couple tics away from landing, then upon landing my view will zip behind me a small distance. Doesn't seem to happen offline. Basically, I think the player's view is desyncing with what is actually happening. If you need me to expand upon the issue, I'd be happy to.

Proposed changes: Online ammo fix, indicators within the ammo bar for when you have enough alt ammo for dash/forest dive. Increase turning ability slightly while diving AND/OR increase explosion size/explosion wave damage as you charge. Allies no longer can trip traps.

Oh, and make him automatically say BURN when he gets a kill, kay?

July 10, 2015, 02:07:30 PM
Reply #6957

Offline XIII

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:13:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
Holy shiz, the new update made this mod fun again!

Still wish Dodge Man used the JC Scorch Wheel graphic, but ah well.

Edit: Man, my main feels weak compared to JC. Rather long ammo recharge is kind of a bummer.

July 11, 2015, 04:33:17 AM
Reply #6958

Offline That One Boss

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 25, 2011, 04:59:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: July 11, 2015, 04:33:17 AM »
HSH feels rather underwhelming to me. He seems to get out-DPS'd by everything, which is a big problem for a fattie. The charge is fine, but everything else could use some damage buffs.

edit: Having played with HSH a bit more and looked at his damage values, I don't think he needs as many buffs as I first thought. The only thing I would change now is to buff his Fire Shot damage (20-->25) and buff his inhale damage (10-->15), just to give his heat attacks more use.

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwith that said, a thousand congratulations to the dev team for finally finishing v8a! hopefully there's not an vanilla update for a while so they can relax

July 13, 2015, 04:29:50 AM
Reply #6959

Offline Rubyyoshi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2015, 02:10:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: July 13, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
I like the addition of the MMWT as well as overhaul for several classes. It makes this more enjoyable to play.WT robot masters are the reason why I didn't like YD, but now that they're in, I'm fine with it.
I feel like BRG is fine damage-wise, but there are two things that hinder him; his range and his ammo regen.
Due to his short range, he will be in the brunt of the battle with little armor to back him up. Going along with his short range, it detracts from his unique ability to shoot through walls. I believe a slight increase in range would be enough to keep him relevant.
Another thing that I feel like could use some improvement is his ammo regen. Upon doing a rough test, it takes ~9 seconds for it to fully recharge from empty. Given that he can only use his illusions at max ammo, it feels like that it's too long of a wait to start illusions again.