Advanced Search

Author Topic: CF's Small Skin Shop - Lightning Strikes!  (Read 68473 times)

January 26, 2011, 12:30:02 AM
Read 68473 times

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
CF's Small Skin Shop - Lightning Strikes!
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:30:02 AM »

Bubble-Man No Constancy can be acquired in the No Constancy skin pack.  See the Halloween and Christmas expansion packs to acquire Halloween-Man and Ignorance, respectively.  You don't want the Kirby's Adventure skins.  Unholy skins are staying in Unholy.

Also, yeah, I know all the image previews are broken.  Imageshack thought it was a good idea to start charging for image uploads and all.  Trust me, these old skins aren't good and you don't want 'em.

Super Mario Bros. 1-Style Mario Skin
DOWNLOAD

Mega Man Rocks! Music Pack
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

Snowman Skin (+ Bot)
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

Shaymin Skin
DOWNLOAD

CHAOS_FANTAZY Bot
DOWNLOAD

Queryman Skin (+ Bot)
DOWNLOAD

Pokemon Trainer Bot
DOWNLOAD

Castform Skin Pack
DOWNLOAD

Omega Man Skin
DOWNLOAD

TF2 Skin/Bot Pack
DOWNLOAD

Speedman Skin (+ Bot)
DOWNLOAD

Miscellaneous Bot Pack
DOWNLOAD

Chaos Lord Roll Skin
DOWNLOAD

Rhythm Skin (+ Bot)
DOWNLOAD

Beta Chan Skin (+ Bot)
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

Malware Skin (+ Bot)
DOWNLOAD

Custom-Man Skin
DOWNLOAD

Rockmen R Music Pack
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

Proto-Spring Skin
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

Shovel Knight Music Pack
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD (But don't actually, there are better Shovel Knight rips in other map packs and stuff)

Lightningman Skin
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

January 26, 2011, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #1

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Re: CF's Attempts at Making Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:12:05 AM »
Um, I know it may seem a bit confusing, but the Skin's threads  have their own subforum. You're one block down from it.

Anyway, on the subject of the skin itself, I'd be lying if I said that this didn't come to mind. However, er...I strongly suggest against bright colored mustache&hair. It makes him look hideous. I know his mustache changed color in-game, so try going for the darker colored one. And you could leave his eyes as black as well, because those changing color makes him look very unnatural. (even more-so than he already is with his constant changing hair color.)

January 26, 2011, 02:18:25 AM
Reply #2

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:25 AM »
Finally, a critique!  I thought this place was usually booming with activity.

Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
Um, I know it may seem a bit confusing, but the Skin's threads  have their own subforum. You're one block down from it.

I'm more than aware of that, but since all of what's here is theoretical/blueprints (No Download Link) , and it covers more than just skins, I decided to post in non-specifically.

Anyway, on the subject of the skin itself, I'd be lying if I said that this didn't come to mind. However, er...I strongly suggest against bright colored mustache&hair. It makes him look hideous. I know his mustache changed color in-game, so try going for the darker colored one. And you could leave his eyes as black as well, because those changing color makes him look very unnatural. (even more-so than he already is with his constant changing hair color.)

I thought about that for a while, but I thought I was limited to the same number of different colors of the NES--I really should've known better.  I'll revise it so it only changes his sleeve color.

But while this is very helpful and all, the most important thing is that I get my questions answered.  In addition, is there any chance I could see the templates for pre-existing characters?  Is there, like, a post anywhere for the original roster?  'Cause seeing some of those would speed along the production of other skins.

EDIT:  Thar we go, easy edit.  New version uploaded to OP.

January 26, 2011, 02:30:43 AM
Reply #3

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 02:30:43 AM »
I missed where you said that. Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=475

First post shows Mega Man and Proto Man. Megaman with the Template, Protoman with examples. They both should help you out.

As for the sprites you have down, That does look better. But in all the sprites but the Right ones, Mario doesn't have enough hair. Going down, you should still be able to see a few pixels of his hair behind his ears. Right front is probably the worst, as he looks bald. Also, make his hat a pixel or two longer in the back, it looks cut off. Right Back, he has a big bald spot on the back of his head. His hair goes down to his neck in his Right sprites, so it should here, too. Same for back. Also, in Right back, his nose should be visible.

That's all I gotta say for now.

January 26, 2011, 02:46:18 AM
Reply #4

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:46:18 AM »
I missed where you said that. Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=475

I actually hadn't said that yet--it hadn't come to mind until then.

First post shows Mega Man and Proto Man. Megaman with the Template, Protoman with examples. They both should help you out.

That's all good and all, but I'm actually after Punk and Ice-Man in particular.  I presume they'd be in the link he has there, but it says I don't have the authority to access that page.  Troubling...

As for the sprites you have down, That does look better. But in all the sprites but the Right ones, Mario doesn't have enough hair. Going down, you should still be able to see a few pixels of his hair behind his ears. Right front is probably the worst, as he looks bald. Also, make his hat a pixel or two longer in the back, it looks cut off. Right Back, he has a big bald spot on the back of his head. His hair goes down to his neck in his Right sprites, so it should here, too. Same for back. Also, in Right back, his nose should be visible.

That's all I gotta say for now.

Done, done, and done--I may not be very good at this, but, hey, I'm a kid with a computer and a serious case of boredom, and I'm always eager to improve.

January 26, 2011, 03:11:08 AM
Reply #5

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 03:11:08 AM »
He needs a black outline or at least some black on every rotation for Roboenza and Atomic Fire.

January 26, 2011, 03:18:51 AM
Reply #6

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:18:51 AM »
Quote from: "Korby"
He needs a black outline or at least some black on every rotation for Roboenza and Atomic Fire.

I was wondering about that--Wow, I say that a lot--I was considering asking about a black outline, but I thought it wasn't that important.  Should be done in the next 5 minutes.

EDIT:  Still not done yet, but I don't think he looks good with a black outline.  I'll color his eyes and mustache black.

All right, it's all filed up...I hope I get something that looks good soon, I wanna move on.

January 29, 2011, 04:14:16 AM
Reply #7

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 04:14:16 AM »
Kind-of bump, kind-of revive, kind-of call for attention, I dunno.

His walking animations look kinda awkward, get ready to laugh when you look in the mirror, but here he is--SMB1 Mario.  Since this is only a one-page topic now, I'll ask you to scroll up to download.

January 29, 2011, 05:12:25 AM
Reply #8

Offline Lio

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 11, 2010, 01:48:55 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 05:12:25 AM »
Even though I've already seen the sprites myself, I think some screenshots would be nice. It helps people know what they're downloading, and personally I don't usually download anything without knowing how it looks like.

Other than that, I love the skin. It reminds me of those times I used to play SMB Deluxe on my Gameboy. Racing that Boo sure was fun.

January 30, 2011, 11:33:37 PM
Reply #9

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
Quote from: "Lio"
[...]I love the skin. It reminds me of those times I used to play SMB Deluxe on my Gameboy. Racing that Boo sure was fun.

Is that how you were introduced to the series, too?  Fun times...I find it kind of sad to look back and see how many times I died on World 1-1, when I now leave with more than I started.

Fun times.  Anywho, another bump coming up here--I downloaded Mega Man Rocks! recently.  It's pretty fun, and it has great music.  So, even though I don't have permission yet, I've made a music pack for it.
Download Here!

February 03, 2011, 01:39:47 AM
Reply #10

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Attempts at Making Stuff - Mega Man Rocks! Music Pack
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:39:47 AM »
No responses, huh?  You know, it feels kind of silly to be crying out for attention constantly like this...

Whatever, I'll stop it with the stalling.  Two things; first, I got permission from the maker to use his material.  Two, and this is more of a reference for me, since I have to access from multiple computers, but...
LOOK WHAT I FOUND:
(click to show/hide)
He was nice enough to give me all of the Masters and weapon palettes.  As a long-term project, I hope to create a skin for each one, and, since sound effects and sprites are now at the ready, I may use a couple of these as weapon-making practice.

February 05, 2011, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #11

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Attempts at Making Stuff - Mega Man Rocks! Music Pack
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »
As with all of my skins, I am here to post the sprites here for critique before I begin programming.  I decided to start with Snow-Man, as he is the easiest to make walking animations for, and that tends to be what I struggle with.

February 05, 2011, 04:03:30 AM
Reply #12

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Re: CF's Attempts at Making Stuff - Snow-Man Critique Period
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 04:03:30 AM »
the 6x4 sprites look rather clunky. Might want to fool around with those.

Also, the treads on the 7x3 sprites are too small.

February 05, 2011, 05:23:42 AM
Reply #13

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 05:23:42 AM »
That looks pretty great! However, there isn't much different from his side pose head and his front/r pose.
His treads on back/r look awkward.
The shovel isn't wide enough on Front or Back, and it doesn't seem tall enough in the side pose.

Also, yeah, his treads aren't long enough in his side pose.

February 05, 2011, 03:16:23 PM
Reply #14

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
That looks pretty great! However, there isn't much different from his side pose head and his front/r pose.
His treads on back/r look awkward.
The shovel isn't wide enough on Front or Back, and it doesn't seem tall enough in the side pose.

Also, yeah, his treads aren't long enough in his side pose.

I really don't know what to do about that, but whatever.

I kinda fixed the treads, now they're more like the other frames.

If I widen the front plow any more, walking won't be visible, but I did fix the back.

I added a few more pixels to the side plow.

I didn't see much wrong with his side view--you can't really see tank treads from the side, but I did kinda fix it up.

Here's the new model.  As always, after one day without opinions, I'll begin making it.