Advanced Search

Author Topic: Justified Classes v4b Beta 14  (Read 372120 times)

May 26, 2015, 06:33:37 PM
Reply #1065

Offline XIII

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:13:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Justified Classes v3bh + B-Patch 2
« Reply #1065 on: May 26, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »
Not sure if this was already reported, but the obituaries that appear when a player is killed by a homing weapon like Terra's Spark Chaser and Magnet Man's Magnet Missiles, are that of Hexen's Bloodscourge. This has been happening on Zan 2.0 onwards.

May 26, 2015, 06:56:48 PM
Reply #1066

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 26, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »
Quote from: "XIII"
Not sure if this was already reported, but the obituaries that appear when a player is killed by a homing weapon like Terra's Spark Chaser and Magnet Man's Magnet Missiles, are that of Hexen's Bloodscourge. This has been happening on Zan 2.0 onwards.
Yeah this has been fixed for next release thanks for reporting nonetheless!

May 26, 2015, 08:50:08 PM
Reply #1067

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1067 on: May 26, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
This report isn't quite as exact as I'd like and most of these could probably be shrugged off depending on how much you care about sprites though I think that quite a few of the sprites in JC could really be benefitted from being changed to make more sense or to just look better. That sounds rather vague so I'll probably go more in depth, with examples such as Breakman's custom air frames. Whenever he's jumping normally, his buster is on his right arm, though whenever he actually fires it, it's suddenly on his left arm. Another example is the Mega Arm's shading which contrasts to that of Megaman's actual skinsprite. While it's not exactly the most noticable, it is jarring once you do notice it. The main issue being is it's not the same shade of blue on the returning shot, and not even the black outline is the same shade. One more example that I immediately notice is with Bass's Treble Boost skin sprites. He looks just fine whenever standing though once he actually fires, it creates a wonky effect that Doom is plagued with where the sprites jerk back and forth. Some of the offsets could also be looked at such as Megaman's Power Adaptor skin which seems to jerk back and forth as well. There's probably a lot more issues to name, though I wouldn't want to create a wall of text here. Anyway, I mostly just suggest looking at the sprites in-game and out of game as they aren't the best they could be.

May 26, 2015, 11:52:47 PM
Reply #1068

Offline Carprillo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 26, 2015, 11:52:47 PM »
Just a few suggestions for "Break Mode":

Different Item: This is iffy. It's just a bit of a pain to try and find Super Adaptor, especially on maps without it. But it doesn't bug me THAT much. (What's the Super Adaptor's ITEM ID?)

Toggle: I was thinking that maybe once you have the Break Man powerup, you could switch between the two? A matter of convenience, really.

Speed: Okay. This one is probably going to sound pretty bad. Maybe have Break Man be a bit slower when running, since he has that shield weighing down on his back. (Is he supposed to have his shield on when he jumps? If not, how do I fix this?)

These are just a few things I thought would be nice to see.

May 27, 2015, 12:22:21 PM
Reply #1069

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician
  • Date Registered: February 26, 2015, 03:18:18 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 27, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »
I totally agree with Carprillo. Not all maps have the Super Adaptor, and most of the maps which has can not be reached with Proto Man or Ballade. Basically you can't use even if the stage has one. It would be better if they can use any other item like the Power Adaptor, and such.

May 27, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
Reply #1070

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 27, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
Quote from: "Sonicfam1102"
This report isn't quite as exact as I'd like and most of these could probably be shrugged off depending on how much you care about sprites though I think that quite a few of the sprites in JC could really be benefitted from being changed to make more sense or to just look better. That sounds rather vague so I'll probably go more in depth, with examples such as Breakman's custom air frames. Whenever he's jumping normally, his buster is on his right arm, though whenever he actually fires it, it's suddenly on his left arm. Another example is the Mega Arm's shading which contrasts to that of Megaman's actual skinsprite. While it's not exactly the most noticable, it is jarring once you do notice it. The main issue being is it's not the same shade of blue on the returning shot, and not even the black outline is the same shade. One more example that I immediately notice is with Bass's Treble Boost skin sprites. He looks just fine whenever standing though once he actually fires, it creates a wonky effect that Doom is plagued with where the sprites jerk back and forth. Some of the offsets could also be looked at such as Megaman's Power Adaptor skin which seems to jerk back and forth as well. There's probably a lot more issues to name, though I wouldn't want to create a wall of text here. Anyway, I mostly just suggest looking at the sprites in-game and out of game as they aren't the best they could be.
We'll try our best to fix the sprites where we can but it's hard to do all that you want since a lot of the spriters that did these no longer work on the mod (Chimeraman, Blaze McP, etc.)
Quote from: "Carprillo"
Just a few suggestions for "Break Mode":

Different Item: This is iffy. It's just a bit of a pain to try and find Super Adaptor, especially on maps without it. But it doesn't bug me THAT much. (What's the Super Adaptor's ITEM ID?)

Toggle: I was thinking that maybe once you have the Break Man powerup, you could switch between the two? A matter of convenience, really.

Speed: Okay. This one is probably going to sound pretty bad. Maybe have Break Man be a bit slower when running, since he has that shield weighing down on his back. (Is he supposed to have his shield on when he jumps? If not, how do I fix this?)

These are just a few things I thought would be nice to see.
Quote from: "Endymion"
I totally agree with Carprillo. Not all maps have the Super Adaptor, and most of the maps which has can not be reached with Proto Man or Ballade. Basically you can't use even if the stage has one. It would be better if they can use any other item like the Power Adaptor, and such.
I'll see what the rest of the devteam thinks about your suggestions to changing Breakman Caprillo however I'll definitely see about making Protoman and Ballade able to pick up other items like Power Adaptor to get their upgraded modes; it really just depends on how easy it would be to obtain the weapons in certain maps.

May 27, 2015, 07:36:52 PM
Reply #1071

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 27, 2015, 07:36:52 PM »
Quote from: "Fyone"
I'll see what the rest of the devteam thinks about your suggestions to changing Breakman Caprillo however I'll definitely see about making Protoman and Ballade able to pick up other items like Power Adaptor to get their upgraded modes; it really just depends on how easy it would be to obtain the weapons in certain maps.

Yeah, that would be bad and boring if everyone can pick up those items everytime. Even if they can't pick up anymore anything till they fragged by other players. Just boring seeing them go for that item immediately after respawn without a shot toward us.  :?

Maybe if the use of that item would be forced somehow. Requires a specific amount of HP, or requires time to activate after pick up...

May 27, 2015, 11:28:04 PM
Reply #1072

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 27, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »
Quote from: "Endymion"
Quote from: "Fyone"

Yeah, that would be bad and boring if everyone can pick up those items everytime. Even if they can't pick up anymore anything till they fragged by other players. Just boring seeing them go for that item immediately after respawn without a shot toward us.  :?

Maybe if the use of that item would be forced somehow. Requires a specific amount of HP, or requires time to activate after pick up...

I thought the same... Exemple, if Ballade get like 20% Hp, he can use the Item but he wont be able to get hp from life recharge, for DM, it can work...but for TLMS...it can be a op thing?...
Maybe if it's like the item of grenademan (need to take a lot of damage+ life regen to have the item who is activated) (:

Maybe we could add something on Super Ballade, he looks just a general buff of speed, i dont know....but if we need to keep it canon for the most....  :)

May 28, 2015, 12:58:24 AM
Reply #1073

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 28, 2015, 12:58:24 AM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
I thought the same... Exemple, if Ballade get like 20% Hp, he can use the Item but he wont be able to get hp from life recharge, for DM, it can work...but for TLMS...it can be a op thing?...
Maybe if it's like the item of grenademan (need to take a lot of damage+ life regen to have the item who is activated) (:

Maybe we could add something on Super Ballade, he looks just a general buff of speed, i dont know....but if we need to keep it canon for the most....  :)

How about adding more requirements for the transformation? For example the player must pick up more than one item. And those items would spawn as the Terminator item: randomly. Sometime it can't be get because it spawned too high, but after some time it will respawn somewhere elsewhere.  :)

This make not just harder to get the item... but makes the player confused. Watching for the item, or watching for the incoming fire.  :mrgreen:

June 07, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
Reply #1074

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:26 PM »
I played a bunch with weapon copy classes, and it was really fun.Requires a little more strategy, but can do higher damage than the original itself. But I felt that something is just missed.

There are no Mega Ball at all. Since Proto Man and Bass has they own special abilities, Mega Man could have the Mega Ball as selectable starting weapon. Not the best weapon ever, but fun. Justified Classes must have the Mega Ball somehow. :)

June 08, 2015, 02:31:59 AM
Reply #1075

Offline Rubyyoshi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2015, 02:10:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:59 AM »
Going along with copywep classes, I believe sometimes the weapon isn't given. (I noticed this particularly with Protoman) I wish I could give a list of what weapons aren't given, but I'm not feeling dedicated enough to test all the weapons.

June 08, 2015, 04:06:44 PM
Reply #1076

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 08, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »
I can confirm, sometimes the weapon sound plays and you don't get the weapon, and in my case you're unable to pick it up at all. I can't remember off the top of my head every single weapon that does it, but, like ruby, I noticed it the most with protoman.

June 12, 2015, 07:02:12 AM
Reply #1077

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 12, 2015, 07:02:12 AM »
Hey guys, do you think Oilman is op, actually 2 people said that in the deathmatch server...
How is oilman in general ? TLMS, DM and others, really OP ?.... Maybe they can nerf a little the primary? :)

June 12, 2015, 10:30:46 AM
Reply #1078

Offline Meme Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2015, 09:58:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 12, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
Lol who said that?
He is not op at all.

June 12, 2015, 12:30:05 PM
Reply #1079

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 12, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »
Oilman is just right as now. He is a slow killing class with high mobility. Strong in good hands, and hard to counter, but not OP. :O