Advanced Search

Author Topic: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"  (Read 42337 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

December 16, 2010, 09:30:43 PM
Reply #15

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
Guess what?

I browsed the internet, most of the songs in my pack are unbuyable (meaning you have to download them off the internet for free), and the buyable (able to be bought) songs are not copyrighted, meaning:

Yes, my pack is legal.

That's a worry off my shoulders now, whew.

Don't believe me? Go look for them in Google Shopping. In the BUYABLE songs, there are no copyright thingies...whatever they're called.

December 16, 2010, 09:34:46 PM
Reply #16

Offline Mr. X

  • MM8BDM Contributor
  • ****
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

    • View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
Because music packs are so easy to make, why doesn't everyone keep them to themselves?

To be honest, I released mine so whenever I host a server, I can play some different music.  That's it.

December 19, 2010, 01:22:27 AM
Reply #17

Anonymous

  • Guest
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
This is an odd place for my first post, but you realize the Mega Man Classic games themselves have purchasable OSTs, yes? They're called "Capcom Music Generation: Rockman 1 ~ 6 Soundtracks."

December 19, 2010, 03:16:10 AM
Reply #18

Offline CutmanMike

  • Administrator

  • :dozercool:
  • ******
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

    • View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 03:16:10 AM »
Capcom (unity) has posted about MM8BDM on their blog a couple of times, which automatically tells me that using any of their 8-bit content is fine  ;)

December 19, 2010, 03:17:10 AM
Reply #19

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 03:17:10 AM »
So therefore making the Megaman 9 & 10 music packs legal, right?

It is just music.

December 19, 2010, 05:35:45 AM
Reply #20

Offline SmashTheEchidna

  • Standard Member

  • Everybody chill out, I got this.
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

    • View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 05:35:45 AM »
Well, I'm glad I didn't make any music packs. Then again, I rarely listen to music outside of the game unless I'm playing single player. It gets to be very inconvenient at times during multiplayer. Especially when you can't find the song you wanted and people start killing you. Even more frustrating in Roboenza mode.

December 19, 2010, 05:10:03 PM
Reply #21

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
Well, I'm glad I didn't make any music packs. Then again, I rarely listen to music outside of the game unless I'm playing single player. It gets to be very inconvenient at times during multiplayer. Especially when you can't find the song you wanted and people start killing you. Even more frustrating in Roboenza mode.

I agree completely.

You can also "bind"

Say you want to listen to Cutman's theme in multiplayer, but when you type it in peeps start killing you.

To prepare yourself beforehand, you can do something in single player like...

Open console

Type in (with second pair of quotes, but not the first) "Bind C "Changemus cutmus""

And voila, just press it and enjoy.

December 19, 2010, 05:25:45 PM
Reply #22

Offline Korby

  • Global Moderator

  • Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • ************
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

    • View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »
Or, to save yourself a key, type it in pre-joining/match. If you wish to replay, console, hit the up arrow, enter.

December 19, 2010, 05:49:14 PM
Reply #23

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
Or, to save yourself a key, type it in pre-joining/match. If you wish to replay, console, hit the up arrow, enter.

That takes longer, Korb.

Just pressing the button mid-game is faster than opening console, pressing up, then enter.

December 20, 2010, 10:51:06 PM
Reply #24

Offline Galaxy Sisbro

  • MM8BDM Extender
  • **
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2010, 05:04:22 PM

    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
You're talking about buyable OST... then, i don't have to worry about that.

Why? I want to release a RKS (Rosenkreuzstilette) Music pack and then i found this topic. I get a little worried about that because RKS is a buyable doujin game, but when i am seeing the earlier posts here (especially the google shopping one) ,i decide to search about buyable OST's of this game (and kirby game is buyable, megaman game is buyable, meh...)...

Google: Nothing
Google Shop: Nothing
Erka:es (Original website from the game): NOTHING!

So im thinking the OST IT'S FREE, the game not, and you can comprobe that on google shop. so i'm going to release an music pack of this rockingmusic from an AWESOME doujin based on megaman, with the best music evaar! and i am planning to release a music pack from RKS freudenstachel too, when the game is fully totally released.

OR IF I AM WRONG, TELL ME! (and i can evit a very big problem :D)

December 21, 2010, 12:28:49 AM
Reply #25

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 12:28:49 AM »
Quote from: "Galaxy"
You're talking about buyable OST... then, i don't have to worry about that.

Why? I want to release a RKS (Rosenkreuzstilette) Music pack and then i found this topic. I get a little worried about that because RKS is a buyable doujin game, but when i am seeing the earlier posts here (especially the google shopping one) ,i decide to search about buyable OST's of this game (and kirby game is buyable, megaman game is buyable, meh...)...

Google: Nothing
Google Shop: Nothing
Erka:es (Original website from the game): NOTHING!

So im thinking the OST IT'S FREE, the game not, and you can comprobe that on google shop. so i'm going to release an music pack of this rockingmusic from an AWESOME doujin based on megaman, with the best music evaar! and i am planning to release a music pack from RKS freudenstachel too, when the game is fully totally released.

OR IF I AM WRONG, TELL ME! (and i can evit a very big problem :D)

Now Galaxy, if it is buyable, you check for copyright.

Just letting you know before you release it, JUST IN CASE.

And any other packs that may have buyable OSTs.

December 21, 2010, 02:47:56 AM
Reply #26

Offline Ultima

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 05, 2010, 11:23:22 PM

    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 02:47:56 AM »
WELL, LOOKIE HERE
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index. ... ic_Archive
=/
The MMNetwork is commonly promoted on CapcomUnity, so if Capcom had issues with this, they would have shut them down a while ago.

December 21, 2010, 03:58:56 PM
Reply #27

Offline Galaxy Sisbro

  • MM8BDM Extender
  • **
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2010, 05:04:22 PM

    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 03:58:56 PM »
Quote from: "Alucard"
Now Galaxy, if it is buyable, you check for copyright.

Just letting you know before you release it, JUST IN CASE.

And any other packs that may have buyable OSTs.

Well, im seeing about buyable OST of this game and i dont find nothing related to this. (and i am translating as crazy the original page of the game, none...).

Obviously i'm going to give credits to the original owner (Erka:es), as same i'm not going to claim this OST as mine. so it's totally legal :D.

But in case i find it buyable, i'm going to search about copyright. And if i can't use the OST, i,m going to erase the topic.

EDIT: i found something interesting...
http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=music/rosenkreuzstilette
Rockman PM is an official page promoted too by capcom. If the OST is buyable, then at least Erka:es would shut down that page a long ago. but the page is intact, so i have another thing to prove that the soundtrack is FREE.

December 26, 2010, 06:18:14 AM
Reply #28

Offline saskrotch

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 08, 2010, 09:49:48 PM

    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 06:18:14 AM »
Quote from: "Ultima"
WELL, LOOKIE HERE
http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index. ... ic_Archive
=/
The MMNetwork is commonly promoted on CapcomUnity, so if Capcom had issues with this, they would have shut them down a while ago.

and i can personally attest that if capcom has a problem with something on MMnetwork, they WILL stop it. (had to retract an interview i did with them around the time of the Chiptuned Rock Man CD release)

Quote from: "Alucard"
It is just music.

it's not just music, it's an art and a business. just because you can easily steal it in the comfort of your own home doesn't mean it's okay. think of it like this, which is worse: stealing something that someone spent money on (like a car), or stealing something that someone actually made themselves, purely based on intellect and musical ability?

it's probably easy to brush it off like it's nothing, but try making a living as a musician / composer first, then see how you feel about it.

December 26, 2010, 05:37:30 PM
Reply #29

Offline Alucard

  • Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: ATTENTION - MM8BDM "Music Packs"
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 05:37:30 PM »
Quote from: "Alucard"
It is just music.

it's not just music, it's an art and a business. just because you can easily steal it in the comfort of your own home doesn't mean it's okay. think of it like this, which is worse: stealing something that someone spent money on (like a car), or stealing something that someone actually made themselves, purely based on intellect and musical ability?

it's probably easy to brush it off like it's nothing, but try making a living as a musician / composer first, then see how you feel about it.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind. Heck, if people stole it, I'd actually feel good because that means people really like it.